Most nationals are required to apply for a visa to India prior to travel, regardless of the purpose of travel – i.e. family visit, business or leisure. Tourist visas for India are valid for 6 months and are multiple entry. As registered agents we are able to lodge your passports and receive them back with the required tourist visa for India after 2-3 working days. (Please note that long-term entry visas can take up to 7 working days to be processed).
Our office is based in London. We can offer you a fast and efficient way in submitting your visa for India to the visa application centre. You can avoid having to travel down to the visa application centre for submission and collection of your visa and let us do it for you. Our service fee is usually less than it would cost taking time off work and the associated travel costs.
Please follow the steps below to ensure that we are able to assist you with your visa application.
- Complete an online application form for each traveller
- Complete a declaration form for each traveller
- Send us the required documents, your application form(s), declaration form(s) and appropriate payment to us by either visiting our office or by post
- We lodge the application and return your passport with your visa after 2-3 working days
Please note when filling your online form – on the final screen you will be asked whether you wish to make an appointment and pay the visa fee. Please select NO otherwise we will not be able to lodge the application on your behalf. Make a note of the Web File Number on this screen.
Please note that below is a list of documents, which are required to obtain a tourist visa for India. This is a general list that is applicable in the majority of visa applications, however further documents may be required depending on your circumstances.
- Identity – a passport at which is valid for at least 6 months and has at least two blank pages in which the official can affix the visa sticker
- Photographs – 2 identical photos which need to be 50mm x 50mm. Please note that this is bigger than a regular size UK passport size photo so please ensure you obtain the correct size
- Non-UK nationals – if you have resided in the UK 2 or more years please provide proof of residency (i.e. tenancy agreement, council tax or utility bill) or if you have resided in the UK for less than 2 years please fill in the following additional form
*Please note that certain professions and/or nationalities may require further documents, which we would advise you of when you make use of our service. – Please call us to verify which documents you will need before sending them to us.
The following forms may be required depending on your individual application:
Non-UK additional form
Undertaking for media related professionals visiting India for tourism
Additional form to be filled by travellers to restricted/protected areas
Tourist visa Re-entry request form
Liquor permit applicable for the State of Gujarat, India
The table below gives a breakdown of all applicable service and government fees for British Passport Holders.
|Visa Type||Service Fee||Gov’t Fee||Total Fee|
|Tourist – up to 6 months||£35.00||£92.20||£127.20|
|Entry Visa – up to 5 years||£55.00||£147.20||£202.20|
*Please provide a pre-paid special delivery envelope for the return of your documents or add £10.00 to your service fee.
**Please note that the above gov’t fees are applicable to British passport holders. Holders of other passports will be required to pay a different gov’t fee – Please call us beforehand to verify if you hold a non-British passport. Any additional travellers will be charged a service fee of 50% off.
If you regularly visit India…
Applicants who are of Indian origin by birth, residency or through parents or grandparents may be eligible to apply for a lifetime visa for India. To read more about the India OCI card click here.
Did you know…
75% of ‘DIY’ visa applications fail on simple oversights or omissions. Save yourself re-application fees and use an experienced firm like us to hand the process and get your visa the first time every time. Do you have the time to wait in a queue to arrange your visa for India? Let us do it for you.